JELOS has a native integration with RetroAchievements which allows you to earn achievements as you play games across numerous emulators. In order to use RetroAchievements your device must be connected to the internet.
- Create an account at RetroAchievements.org.
- Follow the steps on the Networking page to connect your device to the internet.
- While in EmulationStation press START on your controller to open the Main Menu.
Game Settingsand then choose
- Turn On RetroAchievements (first toggle).
- Then enter your username and password for RetroAchievements.org in the username and password fields.
- There are additional settings that can be changed in the above menu to tailor your experience. Please see the documentation @ docs.retroachievements.org for details on each option
- Recommended Settings:
- Unlock Sound (On): this plays the classic unlock sound each time an achievement is earned.
- Automatic Screenshot (On): this takes a screenshot each time an achievement is earned and stores it in the screenshots directory. These can be viewed in the screenshots system in EmulationStation.
- Not all emulators and games support RetroAchievements; please see the list of emulators that support achievements here and check if your game has achievements available by searching for it on RetroAchievements.org
- There is a change needed on the RetroAchievements API in order to be able to display to display your history of earned achievements in EmulationStation. Once the needed change is made by RetroAchievements; we can look at renabling this functionality in EmulationStation.